The 2013 Beijing Minithlon will again offer a Company Challenge, or a separate competition between teams of four people each! As any Minithlon event becomes even more fun and even more meaningful as teambuilding for companies, sports or other teams. Please have a look at the specific competition regulations for the Company Challenge, and sign up as soon as possible – starting places are limited!
The Minithlon Company Challenge is a new (2012) addition to any Minithlon programme.
1. The Company Challenge competition is separate from the individual competition, and features teams of four people, irrespective of gender
2. Teams compete with each other via a series of qualifying heats, during which the best teams can earn a starting place in the big final.
3. Each qualifying heat has maximum five participants, each belonging to a different team. Each team member can score points for his or her team. Points are attributed according to the finishing place in each qualifying heat, i.e.:
1st place = 5 points;
2nd place = 4 points;
3rd place = 3 points;
4th place = 2 points;
5th place = 1 point
4. Starting order and places in the qualifying heats will be decided by the Organising Committee via lucky draw
5. The five teams that have scored the most points in the qualifying heats move on to the big final. Two semi finals may be introduced before the big final should the number of participating teams in the Company Challenge warrant this measure.
6. The big final consists of one race only and will be conducted in the form of a relay. Each qualified team chooses its best swimmer, best biker and best runner for the big final race. The fourth member of each team will act as coach. The relay is done by a compulsory hand tag.
7. Winner of the big final and as such winner of the Company Challenge is the team that crosses the finish line first
The final authority on the interpretation of the regulations for all relevant competitions is owned by the event’s Organising Committee.
If anything is unclear, please address your question to a Nordic Ways staff or to email@example.com